Tuesday, July 1, 2014

2014 Goal Update

Today marks the beginning of the second half of 2014 and I'm thinking that time needs to s l o w down! The first half of my year was busy and stressful at times, and I'm looking forward to enjoying the rest of the year. I decided to do a check in with my 2014 goals and I'm almost ashamed to write this post, because I'm not doing a great job! Luckily I still have 6 months left to finish them up.

My view this week (below) is from the North Carolina coast, where I'm on vacation with my family. It's a perfect time to relax, reflect, and plan for the rest of the year.


Here's where my 2014 goals stand so far...

Goal: Visit at least 10 new towns
Progress: I've visited ONE. Womp womp. I took a day trip to Clinton, NC with two of my friends at the beginning of June.

Goal: Personal website + freelance work
Progress: Though I haven't finished up a personal website yet, I've been working really hard on something of a similar nature. More details to come in two weeks!

Goal: Make healthier choices
Progress: I plead the fifth.

Goal: Dedicate more time to things I love
Progress: I think I'm doing an okay job in this department, although at the beginning of the year I specifically mentioned blogging more and I've already taken a two month hiatus this year!

Goal: Finish my graduate thesis
Progress: Le sigh.

Goal: Get to know our new town
Progress: We've only lived in Winston-Salem for a month, but I'm looking forward to getting downtown this summer and exploring some areas of the city that are unfamiliar to me.

Goal: Take a fun vacation
Progress: We spent a weekend in Wilmington, NC, in May and will be heading to St. Louis for my best friend's wedding in October! Aside from those two trips, we're saving all of our money for next year's vacation already!

Goal: Be a good friend
Progress: I feel confident that I'm doing well in this category so far, but I guess my friends would have to say if it's true. ;)

Goal: Be a better wife
Progress: The beginning of the year was rough, but I think I'm on track to exceeding this goal.

Goal: Read at least 10 books
Progress: Surprisingly, I've read two books so far - and that's really saying something, because I'm pretty sure the last book I read was in 2012. I'm not sure if I'll make it to 10, but I'll give it my best shot! I finished this book yesterday in only a couple of hours.

Overall, my goals are coming along, but I'm not where I want to be yet. I can't wait to see what the second half of the year holds for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment