Sunday, June 29, 2014

RECIPE: Brie Grilled Cheese

I cannot stress this enough: This is one of the best things I've ever eaten in my entire life.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, let me tell you all about the perfect grilled cheese. I saw the recipe on another blog I follow and thought it might be a good opportunity to try out an "adult" grilled cheese. Don't get me wrong - I can devour Kraft singles between two slices of white bread just like the hungriest 6 year old - but this brie grilled cheese is on a whole new level. For real.



BRIE GRILLED CHEESE (makes 1)
1/2 c fresh peaches, cut into slices
creamy brie cheese, around 6 slices
2-3 pieces cooked, crispy bacon
fresh basil leaves, around 6
2 slices sourdough bread
fresh ground pepper
margarine or butter

On a piece of sourdough bread, layer basil, a layer of brie, bacon, a layer of brie, and peaches. Crack fresh ground pepper on top before adding second piece of bread. Either butter both sides of sandwich or melt butter in a skillet on medium-low heat.

Place sandwich in the skillet and allow brie to begin to melt. Once the cheese is melted, turn up the heat to brown both sides of the sandwich (good luck flipping it!). Allow sandwich to sit for a few minutes before digging in.

Funny side note: I tried to make this during the winter when the grocery store didn't have fresh peaches. I had the bright idea to buy frozen slices and thaw them. Nope, don't do that. Make this sandwich during the summer while you can still buy fresh peaches!

0 comments:

Post a Comment