Tuesday, March 18, 2014

RECIPE: Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese

I'm home sick today with a nasty cold, which developed when I went to the mountains to visit a friend over the weekend. My last cold was the last time I went to the mountains. A theme, perhaps? I hope not! It's cold and icy outside, so I'm staying cozy inside. If I had my pick of comfort foods to make me feel better, this grilled cheese would be it. I don't have any of the ingredients on hand right now, but you should go out and buy them so you can understand the magnitude of how much I love this sandwich.

I originally found the idea here, when I was searching for ideas for a grilled cheese party that my friends and I had a few weeks ago. Grilled cheese parties are the best kind of party, if you're wondering. You should have one yourself.


BUFFALO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE (makes 1)
Butter or margarine
2 slices sourdough bread
3 T cream cheese
1/2 c cooked, shredded chicken
2 T crumbled blue cheese
1 T shredded cheddar blend
Frank's red hot sauce

Combine shredded chicken with Frank's red hot sauce, to taste. Heat in microwave until warm. Spread cream cheese on a slice of bread. Top with chicken. Top with blue cheese crumbles, then shredded cheddar. Place second slice of bread on top.

Heat desired amount of butter or margarine in a medium skillet on medium-high heat. Place sandwich in the middle of the skillet and cook, flipping once, until browned on both sides - two(ish) minutes. Serve warm & gooey.

I know there's not really an exact science to grilled cheese, so do what works for you. The original recipe suggests combining all cheese into a spread, where I layered mine individually. I also didn't measure any of my cheese. The amounts I listed above are guesses. Some people (me!) butter their bread before putting it into the skillet. I also used canned chicken and it turned out just fine. YUM!

0 comments:

Post a Comment