Saturday, February 8, 2014

RECIPE: Sweet Heat Chicken Bacon Bites

I found this recipe on The Sweet Season and decided to try it out myself shortly after. I made a few edits to the original recipe, which suggested coconut sugar (so expensive!). Brandon and I absolutely loved them and I've made them a couple of times already. We eat them as a meal, but I think they'd make a great party appetizer as well.


SWEET HEAT CHICKEN BACON BITES
1 lb chicken tenders, cut into bite size pieces
9-10 slices of bacon, cut into thirds
Frank's red hot sauce
1 c sugar
dash: paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper
oil for frying
toothpicks

Wrap a piece of bacon around each piece of chicken and pierce with a toothpick. Douse chicken bacon bites with hot sauce. Combine sugar and seasonings in a bowl and toss hot sauce coated bites in the mixture. Heat oil in a large frying pan to medium-high heat. Fry bites for about 3 minutes on each side.

Transfer to a plate and serve warm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment