Wednesday, January 8, 2014

RECIPE: Buffalo Chicken Fettuccine

Don't you just love the recipes that come easily to you? Take this one, for example. My friend Courtney posted it straight to my Facebook profile and demanded that I make it. Easy, right? Courtney and I are both big fans of buffalo chicken and this recipe does not disappoint if it's a flavor that you love, too. The original recipes comes from Fifteen Spatulas and I only changed one thing - I added blue cheese. Adding cheese is always a good thing to do, in my opinion.


BUFFALO CHICKEN FETTUCCINE (serves 4-6)
2 T butter
2 T flour
1 c milk
1/2 c hot sauce (I use Frank's Original)
1 t worcestershire
1.5 lb uncooked chicken breasts, diced
1 lb fettuccine noodles
2 c cherry tomatoes, halved
salt and pepper
chopped fresh parsley
blue cheese crumbles

In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk together until a blonde paste forms. Whisk constantly while adding milk. Turn temperature up to medium-high. Continue to whisk for a few minutes until the mixture thickens. Add hot sauce, worcestershire, and chicken. Reduce heat to simmer and allow chicken to cook for 15 minutes.

While chicken cooks, cook fettuccine noodles according to package. Drain, then add cooked noodles to the fettuccine sauce and chicken. Throw in cherry tomatoes and desired amount of blue cheese crumbles and mix together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with a little sprinkled parsley on top.

2 comments: