Tuesday, January 7, 2014

52 Lists Project: Words That Touch Your Soul

I try to keep up with the blogs I follow every single day. Some days I do better than others. ;) Recently, I clicked a 'regular' blog I follow, then found another, then found another, then another... Before I knew it, I was on a completely new blog discovering this incredible series that I can't wait to participate in this year. Moorea Seal introduced me to the 52 Lists Project. Each week in 2014, I'll make a list from her prompt and save them all up to review at the end of the year. I think it's a great project to ensure I'm taking time for myself this year and really reflecting on my thoughts, opinions, and actions.

I'm posting my week #1 at the very end of the first full week of 2014! In one week I've celebrated the New Year at the Melting Pot, my best friend got engaged (!), I worked my last few days at my old job, I started a new job, I got a manicure (thanks to a sweet gift from my friend Courtney), and I changed filters on Instagram (it's kind of an inside joke, but this is a big deal!).

Moorea's list for this week is Words That Touch Your Soul. It's such a simple start to a year of lists, but I really love it. I took a few minutes during my lunch break today to just write the words that jumped into my mind. Some were obvious (organize), while others surprised me (deviate). If you're interested in following along with the series, find more information here.


WORDS THAT TOUCH YOUR SOUL
  • Love
  • Education
  • Inspire
  • Gold
  • Sleep
  • Family
  • Spring
  • Salem
  • Friends
  • Organize
  • Try
  • Appetite
  • Wanderlust
  • Explore
  • Do
  • Be
  • Knowledge
  • Satisfy
  • Deviate
  • Plan
  • Perfect
  • Hope
  • Dogwood
  • Belong
  • Inherit
  • Faith
  • Warmth
  • Accept
  • Strive
  • Good

Fun fact: my new office has lots of old yearbooks on the bookcase, dating back to the early 1900's. I placed my sheet on top of my mom's senior yearbook for this photo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment