Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 Goals

I'm not a resolutions kind of girl. They seem too serious and binding, not flexible... guaranteed to set yourself up for disappointment. I much prefer goals. Goals are adaptable, flexible, and seem more attainable to me. I'm sure other feel exactly the opposite! I've spent a lot of time thinking about my goals for 2014. Some are serious, some are fun, some are extremely challenging, while others I feel I'll reach quickly! Let's review them, shall we?


+ Visit at least 10 new towns!
I love traveling and going on adventures. This year, I'd like to visit at least 10 new towns. If I don't have the opportunity to go far, far away I know there are many places to explore right here in North Carolina!

+Establish my own professional website and online portfolio and take some freelance blogging or social media jobs.
I'm working on this one already! This year I'd like to take on some side projects that allow me to blog or help brands realize how powerful social media is. To do so, I want a website to match!

+Make healthier choices.
I started this one with taking a daily multivitamin. Baby steps, people! I'd also like to get into the habit of packing a lunch for myself every workday. I already plan dinners each week, so I want to add lunches to my list, too. And lastly- I'm switching from yogurt with M&M's to fruit yogurt. It's a struggle. ;)

+Dedicate more time to things I love.
I spent a lot of 2013 stressed out and not doing stuff that made me happy. I stopped blogging for a month! I want to enjoy my blog (and other things!) this year.

+Finish my graduate thesis.
Guess what guys, you can't get a Master's degree without submitting your thesis. That's definitely going to happen this year.

+Find a nice place to live in a new town and learn about the local culture.
Brandon and I are moving back to my hometown this year (only 40 minutes away from where we currently live). I'm excited to live in a new place. We're moving by the end of May and our summer will definitely be spent exploring.

+Take a fun vacation and not be disappointed when it's not to Disney World.
I'm thinking about Williamsburg, VA for our two year anniversary. :)

+Be a good friend.
I want to send more snail mail, do more thoughtful things for my friends, and spend quality time together! Also, five of my friends (so far!) are planning weddings this year. It's going to be a fun 2014!

+Be a better wife.
2013 was all about Hannah, let's be honest. I had a lot of struggles and Brandon was supportive through all of them. It's time to focus on the things that are important to him.

+Read at least 5 books for fun.
I know 5 isn't a lot, but it's a lot more than the 0 I've read in the last two years. I'm starting with Is Everyone Hanging out Without Me? (started this on our cruise over 6 months ago and never finished it) and this book I got from a friend for Christmas.

Those are 10 goals, but I'm sure I'll come up with new ones as the year progresses. What are you hoping to accomplish this year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment