Sunday, December 29, 2013

Top 20 of 2013

One of my favorite traditions each year is recapping my top 20 favorite songs. Just like everyone else I know, I claim that music is a big part of my life. Each song on this list has a special significance: people, places, memories associated with it. So it's not only a recap of songs, but a true recap of my entire year as well.


The songs are in order as the year progressed and the ones marked with a * are my top 5 favorites.

1. WHISKEY Jana Kramer
2. CLOSER Tegan and Sara
*3. HOMEWARD BOUND/HOME Glee Cast
4. I WON'T GIVE UP Jason Mraz
5. MY SONGS KNOW WHAT YOU DID IN THE DARK Fall Out Boy
6. MADNESS Muse
7. WE CAN'T STOP Miley Cyrus
8. FALL ASLEEP Us
9. SWEET AVENUE Jets to Brazil
*10. MAE The Gaslight Anthem
*11. SAME LOVE Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert
12. GOOD TO YOU The Avett Brothers
13. I CAN FEEL A HOT ONE Manchester Orchestra
*14. NEW YORK CITY Among Savages
15. LOVE IS A FIRE Courrier
*16. TEN THOUSAND HOURS Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
17. SHAKE IT OUT Florence + The Machine
18. THE LIGHT The Album Leaf
19. THIS IS THE NEW YEAR Glee Cast
20. BUZZCUT SEASON Lorde

I think we all know that my favorite album this year by far was Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' The Heist. It was so difficult to narrow down only 2 songs of theirs to put on this list because I basically listened to absolutely nothing else from September to December. These guys were also one of the two (only two?!!) concerts I attended this year. The other was Jimmy Eat World. I hope in 2014 to see many more!

You can also view my 2011 and 2012 lists. What songs were your favorites in 2013?

0 comments:

Post a Comment