Thursday, December 19, 2013

12 Days of Christmas Dips: Mississippi Sin Dip

I pinned this recipe on Pinterest over two years ago and recently worked my way through my "appetizers + dips" board to test some older recipes. I'm so glad I did! This is my favorite recipe from the 12 Days of Christmas Dips series... so far ;)


I think this is my favorite primarily because it's mostly cheese. I'm kind of a big fan of cheese. It's also cool to make a dip inside of a loaf of bread, but it's not really essential to the outcome. So the bread... take it or leave it. It's up to you!


MISSISSIPPI SIN DIP
16 oz sour cream
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 c shredded cheddar
1/2 c cubed ham
1 green onion, chopped
1/4 t hot sauce
1 t worcestershire sauce
salt & pepper
16 oz loaf French bread

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the bread with a hand mixer until smooth. Cut the top off the loaf of bread and hollow out the insides, leaving 1/2 inch walls. Pour dip into bread loaf. Wrap loaf in tin foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake dip one hour and serve hot.

Best dippers: tortilla chips, bread cubes

0 comments:

Post a Comment