Monday, December 16, 2013

12 Days of Christmas Dips: Charred Corn & Tomato Salsa

Every dip I've shared so far has had a whole lot of cheese! I thought for dip #4 I'd switch it up a bit and share something fresh and healthy.


I love trying different kinds of salsa, but I'm not sure why it took me this long to try making my own. It's something I think I'll do much more often in the future. There are so many recipe possibilities! 


CHARRED CORN & TOMATO SALSA
3 medium tomatoes
1 large ear of corn
1/2 white onion, cut into wedges
1 jalapeño pepper
2 T chopped fresh cilantro
2 t white vinegar
1/2 t each salt & pepper

Heat broiler to high. Place tomatoes, corn, onion and jalapeño on a rimmed baking sheet and place in oven. Turn occasionally until charred, 10-15 minutes. Let cool. Cut the corn kernels off the cob and roughly chop the tomatoes and onion. Remove seeds from jalapeño and chop into small pieces. Stir all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until serving.

Best dippers: tortilla chips

0 comments:

Post a Comment