Thursday, November 7, 2013

RECIPE: Perfect Pupcakes

Schmidt's first birthday was on Monday and we celebrated by making pupcakes together that we found on Pinterest (where else?). Schmidt was a big fan and swallowed his whole. Literally. I was afraid he was going to choke. He loved them so much! I brought a pupcake in to work for each of my co-workers to take home to their doggies and they loved them, too! They contain very simple ingredients and would be absolutely fine for humans to eat as well!


PERFECT PUPCAKES (makes 12)
1 c whole wheat flour
2 t baking powder
2/3 c canola oil
2/3 c applesauce
2 eggs
4 T honey

6 T plain Greek yogurt
3 T all natural peanut butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine first 6 ingredients. Divide into a lined muffin tin and bake for 10-12 minutes until a knife inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.

Mix together Greek yogurt and peanut butter to form icing. Frost each cupcake and serve immediately. Cupcakes can be stored for up to 5 days in a sealed container. Frosting should be stored separately in the refrigerator. I added miniature Milk-Bones to mine for decoration. Milk-Bones make everything better, according to Schmidt.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I haven't tried a recipe for kitties yet, but maybe I will experiment this weekend. My parents have a cat who would love some homemade treats, I'm sure. :)

      Delete