Thursday, November 14, 2013

RECIPE: Apple Cider Champagne Cocktail

To begin with, I think it's only fair to say that I discovered this recipe from one of my favorite bloggers, Christina, at Carolina Charm. I decided to try it out earlier in the fall and made it twice in one week: once for Brandon and myself and once for my family while we were on vacation at the beach. It's so good! My only gripe is that you should really double the recipe because it goes quick!


APPLE CIDER CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL
1 bottle chilled champagne
1/2 c peach schnapps
2.5 c fresh apple cider
2 honeycrisp apples
2 green pears
3 whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
1 t ground nutmeg

2 T sugar
1/2 t ground cinnamon

Chop your apples (if you can't find honeycrisp, any red apple will do) and pears into cubes. In a large pitcher, throw in apple and pear cubes, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and nutmeg. Slowly pour in champagne, peach schnapps, and apple cider. Stir gently and refrigerate for several hours (overnight is best!).

When you're preparing to serve the drink, mix sugar and ground cinnamon on a plate and use to rim your glasses before you pour the cocktail over ice. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment