Wednesday, September 11, 2013

RECIPE: Tomato & Avocado Salad

The final days of summer are quickly fading, so I wanted to be sure to post this tomato & avocado salad while it's still a good seasonal dish! I threw it together last weekend when my in-laws came to visit. It was a nice, fresh accompaniment to my favorite chicken casserole!


TOMATO & AVOCADO SALAD (serves 4)
2 lb heirloom tomatoes
1 avocado
3 T light olive oil
1/4 t pepper
1/4 t salt
1 T lemon juice
sugar to taste
1/2 c chopped basil
goat cheese crumbles (optional)

Cut tomatoes into chunks. Peel avocado, remove the center, and cut into chunks. Place tomato and avocado pieces in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine olive oil, pepper, salt, lemon juice, and sugar. Pour over tomato and avocado chunks and stir to combine. Add in chopped basil.

Serve chilled with goat cheese crumbles on the side.

2 comments:

  1. Hey!. This is Patrick Sawyer. How can I email you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pat! I received your email and responded, but haven't heard from you. What's up? :)

      Delete