Sunday, September 22, 2013

Procrastination + Why Macklemore is my Celebrity Boyfriend

Brandon and I are leaving tomorrow for a vacation on the NC coast. Though I was all kinds of excited for our cruise earlier this year, I'm approaching this vacation in a different way. I need this vacation. I need to disconnect from the stress of my job and our every day routine. I need to spend a few days just having fun. I'm looking forward to walks on the beach searching for sea glass, nights in the hot tub, fresh seafood, mini golf, movies, and time with my husband and parents.


... What I'm really here to say is that I'm procrastinating. I'm supposed to be packing our bags for the trip but I'm having a terrible time. I keep getting distracted by: Schmidt, lunch, laundry, Gossip Girl, and Macklemore. Oh, Macklemore. He is my new celebrity boyfriend. If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll remember that Darren Criss was my old celebrity boyfriend. Sorry, Darren, but you've been replaced. And my husband even approves! We both love Macklemore.

Ben Haggerty (don't worry, his real name isn't Macklemore) came on my radar when Thrift Shop blew up the radio and I didn't think much about him other than the fact that he had a really catchy song. I liked his second single as well, but still never bothered to look up any of his other music or anything about his history. Then I saw his performance at the MTV Video Music Awards last month and I was blown away.

I am impressed how Macklemore and his creative partner Ryan Lewis tackle the issue of marriage equality in "Same Love." I've been listening to it on repeat for weeks now and it just doesn't get old. What do you think?


After getting hooked on "Same Love" I snatched up the full album The Heist and I love every other track on it as well! Ben is the obvious choice for my new celebrity boyfriend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment