Wednesday, July 24, 2013

RECIPE: Mango Mojito

When Brandon and I were on vacation in Charleston earlier this summer we grabbed a bite to eat at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. I felt like a bit of a sell-out, dining at a chain restaurant while we were in Charleston, but I had never been before and it was nice and air conditioned and there was no wait and we had just walked miles around the historic district. I just wanted to sit down!

The food was delicious, but the drink I ordered was even better. Mojitos have been slowly growing on me and this summer they've replaced margaritas as my go-to drink. Here's my take on the one I ordered in Charleston!


MANGO MOJITO (serves 1)
mint leaves (I used 6 or so)
1-2 shots mango rum
1 shot triple sec
1 shot Monin mojito syrup
2 shots orange juice
2 thin lime slices
ice
club soda

Muddle mint leaves in the bottom of a glass. Add rum, triple sec, syrup and orange juice. Add ice and mix well. Add lime slices. Top with a splash of club soda. This is a great, refreshing summertime drink. I'm going to try pineapple next!

0 comments:

Post a Comment