Thursday, July 11, 2013

Downtown Sparta North Carolina

Who is your oldest friend? Ask me that question and I'm going to tell you that her name is Brittani. She and I have been friends since the 5th grade. We go way back, back to the time of first kisses, watching R-rated movies in secret (sorry, Mom), blasting *NSYNC albums... you get the picture. We go back.

A few weeks ago I went back to the small town where we both lived as kids to attend Brittani's baby shower! We rarely see each other anymore (once a year or so, to be honest), so this was a very exciting day for us to celebrate together. I also got to meet her sweet husband for the first time. Believe it or not, I failed to get a photo of the two of us together at her shower. What was I thinking? So just envision two really happy ladies with big smiles and lots of laughs. There, moving on...

After the shower I took an hour or two to explore downtown Sparta on my own, walking the streets and stopping in a few small shops. It's really a lovely place.


I found the book pictured above at a small used book store. It was published in the 1930's and the forward was written by the editor-in-chief of Vogue at the time. I can't wait to read it! I also stopped in Farmer's Hardware (so much more than a hardware store) and picked up a dog bone-shaped cookie cutter to make dog treats for Schmidt. I'll share the recipe soon!

Do you know any places with small town charm? They're the best to explore!

0 comments:

Post a Comment