Saturday, June 1, 2013

I'm Back / Anniversary Things

Let's talk about the fact that I've barely written anything on this blog in a month. On second though, let's not talk about it. Moving on...

The last thoughtful thing I really wrote was a letter to my husband on our anniversary and I'm here now to follow up with how we celebrated year one!


It. was. awful.

Ok, ok. It wasn't actually all that bad. But it didn't live up to my expectations! The day started by picking up the keys to our new home, which was very exciting. A great start! I had arranged an anniversary photo shoot with our wedding photographer for the afternoon. We planned to go back to Old Salem, where we were married, to get some photos made before dinner at Milner's, where we had our wedding reception.

Unfortunately, she canceled on us a few hours ahead of time. I wish that all of you were lucky enough to see my reaction in person. It wasn't pretty. With extra time to kill in the afternoon, Brandon decided to take my car to the shop. Things didn't go very well and he was there so long that we had to move our dinner reservation back. Dinner was delicious, as I knew it would be. After we ate we swung by Old Salem to take some photos on our own. We weren't able to get any together, which was the point, but it was still fun!


As we were on our way home, I answered a call from Milner's. Why would they be calling me? I hadn't left anything at the restaurant. As it turns out, someone had left a card for us and the hostess forgot to give it to us. Great. They said they'd mail it.

We continued on to Maxie B's to pick up a piece of the cake we ordered for our wedding. (Since the wedding was so small we didn't have an extra layer on our cake to freeze for our anniversary.) For some odd reason, the line was out the door onto the sidewalk on a Thursday night. I was already so irritated about the rest of the day that I didn't want to stand in line, so we went home and went to bed.

The next day, I learned that my parents had left the mystery card for us with enough cash to cover our dinner. Le sigh. It was so very thoughtful of them! I hated that we didn't get the card on our actual anniversary.

Even though I was bummed with how our day went, I'm still incredibly thankful to be celebrating one year of marriage. And the real celebrating really started two days later when we left for our vacation! More on that to come!

1 comments: