Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Oh Jimmy!


A few weeks ago, Jimmy Eat World announced their summer 2013 tour and when I saw they were stopping in Charlotte, NC I literally shrieked for joy! Brandon and I saw them perform two years ago with our friend Meridith and we agree that it was one of the best live shows we've ever seen. I've obsessively checked their website ever since to watch them announce another tour.

Imagine my excitement when I found another blogger who loves Jimmy Eat World just as much as I do! Read on for Alicia's take on a recent concert + an exclusive deal from her Etsy shop:

/ / / / / / / / /

Hey, hey, hey. My name is Alicia and I blog over at Hearts&Chances.


I’m so excited to be guest posting for the lovely Hannah. I absolutely adore her and this blog. When she asked me to guest post for her (okay, let’s be honest, I asked if she’d let me take over her blog for a day while she was away on vacay), I was ecstatic. So let’s get to it...

Today I’m going to tell brag about a concert I recently attended. I got to see Jimmy Eat World and it was fantastic. If you don't know who Jimmy Eat World is, shame on you. Luckily, I'm here to enlighten you on all that you've been missing. Jimmy Eat World started out as a local band in the Phoenix area in Arizona where I live. They had a few songs hit the charts and now they're pretty well known. 

Even though they're from my area, their Arizona/California tour did not have a stop nearby. Therefore, I had to roadtrip it to a dinky town named Yuma three hours away and watch them perform at the Strummer's Tavern. It. Was. FANTASTIC. Small town=small venue and an even smaller stage. I was right up front the entire time. As in, I was five feet from the lead singer Jim and; therefore, covered in his sweat and spit. Yeah, talk about awesome. If you're not a regular concert go-er, I don't think you can understand why being in a crowded humid room full of sweaty/drunk people can be enjoyable. But it is. It's part of the experience and it wouldn't be the same if I came out of a concert not convered in other's sweat and spilt drinks. Please tell me I'm not the only one that feels this way?... Maybe I'm weird. Sue me.

Before I go, I wanted to share a special deal from my etsy shop exclusively for Flamingos in Raincoats followers. I made the following print of lyrics from Jimmy Eat World's song, The Middle.


With any purchase, you'll also get the Jimmy print free! (Just make sure to include a message with your purchase letting me know you're a follower). A little thank you for dealing with my post today. :)

/ / / / / / / / / 

THANK YOU to Alicia for posting for me while I'm on vacation. Make sure you visit her blog + Etsy shop. Her prints are awesome (this one is my favorite) and her taste in music is impeccable. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for allowing me to guest post! I had a lot of fun! Hope you're having a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alicia! Vacation was great... ended too quickly, of course. ;)

      Delete