Wednesday, April 3, 2013

RECIPE: Vegetarian Enchiladas

I saw this recipe recently on one of my favorite blogs, Carolina Charm. It was only a matter of days before I made it myself and I'm so glad I did! There's not much more to say, so I'm going to get right to the point!


VEGETARIAN ENCHILADAS (serves 6-8)
15 oz package yellow rice
1 pkg baby portabella mushrooms
2 zucchinis
1 white onion
1 green bell pepper
2 medium tomatoes
green onions
2 15 oz cans black beans, drained
12 oz can red enchilada sauce
2 c mexican cheddar cheese
1 pkg flour tortillas (10ish count)

Dice mushrooms, zucchinis, onion, and green pepper. Sauté over medium heat for 25 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, prepare rice as directed and chop tomatoes.

Pour rice into a large glass casserole dish. Once veggies are tender, add in black beans and tomatoes. Fill tortillas (I used 8) with veggie mixture, roll tightly, and lay in dish over rice seam side down. Pour entire can of enchilada sauce over tortillas and top with shredded cheese.

Cover dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until cheese begins to brown. Top with chopped green onions before serving. I also served sour cream with mine. :)

2 comments: