Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Honeymoon (part 6)

My mother called me the other day for the sole purpose of telling me that she had just enjoyed reading my series of honeymoon posts on the blog. This alerted me to two things:

1. Wow my mom doesn't read my blog very often (I already knew that).
2. I NEVER FINISHED WRITING THOSE HONEYMOON POSTS!

The past weekend marked 10 months since our wedding and it's been almost 6 months since my last honeymoon post. Oops. I know there are a lot of new followers on my blog since I first started sharing my honeymoon adventures, so you may want to recap before you read on.

Honeymoon part 1/2/3/4/5

DAY 7 | BYE DISNEY, HI SAVANNAH

Our last day at Disney World: So sad! We decided to drop by the Magic Kingdom for a couple of hours in the morning to ride some of our favorite rides again and (of course) to get some Dole whip. It was sad to leave, but we'll be back in 2014!



I had decided early on in our planning that it's already depressing enough coming back from an amazing vacation and a 12 hour drive in one day would make it even worse. We booked a room at The Marshall House in Savannah, GA for the last night of our honeymoon so that we could "ease" back in to non-Disney life.



The hotel was gorgeous, the oldest one in the city in fact! We arrived just in time for the complimentary afternoon wine (or in my case- pink lemonade) and cheese reception. 



Because our dinner reservation was late, we had some time to walk around and explore the city. It was my first time visiting and I had heard lots of wonderful things about Savannah. It was beautiful, for sure, but it was so hot and muggy!



I was determined to splurge on a "fancy" dinner for our last night and splurge we did- at The Olde Pink House. If you're in town, I highly recommend it. I ate the best scallops of my entire life at dinner that night.


DAY 8 | HOME

After a brief interruption the next morning, we drove out to Tybee Island for a little while and returned to have lunch at the famous Leopold's Ice Cream. Then it was back on the road to NC. This was our view almost the entire drive home:



All of the rain seemed appropriate, considering how the weather was on the day we left for the honeymoon. ;) 

We arrived safe & sound in Greensboro on Thursday evening, Brandon went back to work on Friday, and I started my summer job on Monday. We haven't slowed down since then! Now that I'm almost a year late finishing up my honeymoon recap, we're only 9 weeks away from our first anniversary trip. Perhaps I'll be more efficient about recapping our cruise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment