Friday, March 8, 2013

Greatest Hits: An Introduction

I mentioned recently that I found a really cool way to incorporate a project for school into my blog. Now's the time to share it with you all! This semester, I'm taking a course called Social Identity & Pop Culture. It's one of the most intriguing classes I've taken in my graduate studies, for sure. For my final project I wanted to think of a way to relate the influences of mass media and pop culture to my own life experiences. How have I been changed by the world around me?

I was pondering this question when I remembered LOST. Were you a fan of LOST? This will jog your memory if you were:


I love this series and am anxiously awaiting a time in my life when I'm not too busy to sit down and re-watch every single episode. One episode, in particular, stands out in my mind as one of my favorites: season 3, episode 21, Greatest Hits. A beloved character, Charlie (pictured above), counts down his life's greatest hits in a beautifully written episode.


Here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to count down my life's greatest hits over the next few weeks, in a series of 10 blog posts. I'll be noting how these monumental events were shaped by society.

Here's what you are going to do: Comment! It's simple. Leave a comment. This project won't work without audience feedback! Tell me what you're thinking. Tell me what you like and don't like. Tell me your greatest hits. I want to hear from you. If you'd prefer to leave anonymous comments, that's fine too. Just let me know that you're listening and that you care.

I'll be counting down my top 10 greatest hits, so stay tuned... the first post will be appearing very soon!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks, dianna! i like your new user name, by the way. ;)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to hear your greatest hits, this might inspire me for something new to write about over at Simply Shay. I wish I had you talent for blog writing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a really fun topic to write about! :) you should definitely do the same.

      Delete