Thursday, February 14, 2013

Obligatory Valentine's Day Post

Happy Valentine's Day, friends! I am going to celebrate today by working for 8 hours, then grabbing dinner (Perhaps at Chilis? We're not very fancy this year.) and watching a movie with my valentines Brandon and Schmidt.


I saw a few weeks ago that there was going to be an awesome Valentine's Day link up with The Life of the Not So Ordinary Wife and I knew I wanted to participate. You've never heard from my husband on this blog and I think it's about time you do. I asked him to answer a set of questions about me that I answered as well. Here's what we had to say:

How long have you been married?
H: 9 months
B: 9 months

Where was your first date?
H: Ikea
B: I really don't know what our first real date was, we hung out a lot before I asked her out.

Where was your first kiss?
H: The parking lot of Blaise Baptist
B: The parking lot of my church

Who first said, "I love you?"
H: I know for a fact that I thought it first, but I waited for him to say it first.
B: I did. In my sleep. I don't remember it, but she said it was awkward.

What were your wedding colors?
H: Grey and yellow
B: Grey and yellow

What is her most commonly used phrase?
H: I have no idea. I'm so stunned he said 'balls' and now I have to publish it.
B: Balls

Who is her celebrity crush?
H: Darren Criss
B: Darren Criss

If she was ordering drinks for both of you what would you each get?
H: I'd get a margarita and Brandon would get a shot of Jameson on the rocks.
B: Margarita for her, whatever beer they had on special for me.

What is the best meal she has ever cooked you?
H: I think it was the first time I made guacamole. He realized then that I was an amazing cook. ;)
B: This is really difficult; all of her food is good. The first meal she ever made me was veggie tacos, those were really good. Or the Guinness pot roast.

What is the worst meal she has ever cooked you?
H: I made a really terrible turkey schnitzel that Brandon said he liked, but I hope he was lying.
B: I don't remember, and she won't help me.

What is the most played song on her iPod?
H: "Dig" Incubus
B: "Konstantine" Something Corporate

What would she say is your most annoying habit?
H: Leaving dishes out.
B: Leaving dishes in the sink. Or farting, she doesn't like that one either.

What is the last thing she does before she goes to bed?
H: Check my email/social media sites on my phone and set my alarm.
B: Fall asleep on the couch.

If you could throw out one item of her clothing what would it be?
H: I got rid of some old flannel shirts the other day.
B: That would be a really bad idea.

What would you say is your favorite thing about her?
H: This is weird for me to answer. My favorite thing about me is that I'm very motivated at work.
B: That she exists

What's her go-to at Starbucks?
H:
Steamed apple chai
B: Steamed apple chai latte

What's her blog name?
H:
Flamingos in Raincoats
B: Flamingos in Raincoats

It's time to get this Valentine's Day started! Hope everyone has a lovely day.

8 comments:

  1. girl, no shame for chilis. I love my baby back ribs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg this is so sweet :) love both your answer and that you both know each other so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband has to work all day, My son and I went to visit my hubby for dinner at panera on his break, not fancy this year either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A simple V Day is fine. Thursday is such a bad day that what with work and everything else it's hard. We did NOTHING! I had a very Un Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww you guys are too cute! I enjoyed reading that. :-)

    ReplyDelete