Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hair Care

Quick question for my fellow flat ironers!

I have thick hair that is wavy if dried naturally. I use a flat iron/hair straightener a few times a week when I don't want to wear my hair curly. It's time to step up my game and get a GOOD one that will keep my hair straight for an entire day. (My Conair just isn't cutting it!)

What do you suggest I buy? I don't mind spending $$$ on one if I know it's going to be reliable and last for a long time. I had a bad experience with a Chi a few years ago that only lasted for 10 months, but I think maybe I just had a dud. Thoughts? What should I buy? What do you use?

3 comments:

  1. My hair is also wavy and I haven't had any problems with my Chi (I've had it for 4 years now). But then again, I often curl my hair/wear it wavy, so I'm not sure if I'd have had problems with my flat iron if I used it every single day.

    http://blogadventuresineverydaylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a corioliss (http://www.corioliss.com/home.asp), and it's lasted me.. oh.. at LEAST six years, if not more. I LOVE it. It doesn't tug your hair and it keps my hair straight for days. I also use Hana Shield heat protectant.
    I have, however, heard good things about Misikko flat irons too though! Just never used one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember the brand name of my flat iron, but I got it at one of the mall kiosks. Overall it has served me very well over the the past 5 years, it heats up amazingly fast and always makes my hair feel silkier when I'm done straightening it.

    ReplyDelete