Monday, January 21, 2013

When You're On Edge

Contrary to what may be your popular belief, I haven't died. I haven't moved to Africa (tempting), I haven't destroyed my laptop. I haven't abandoned this blog. I've just been busy. It happens.

During the last 7 days I've worked a lot, attended my first two grad classes of the semester, been incredibly stressed out about my capstone project (aka thesis), celebrated two family birthdays, had dinner with my best friend, spent time with my husband, and tried to keep up with my household tasks. Writing a blog post was far from the last thing on my mind, but it just didn't happen.

But I'm back now! Hello to all of the new faces I see over on my GFC followers! I'm hoping that this week I'll get back to some sort of regular posting. Wish I could promise that, but I'm gearing up for a work trip and for a very long semester of research. Guess we'll see what happens, eh?

This song has been stuck in my head all week long. I listen to it a lot when i'm super stressed out and worried about things. Do you have a song like that? The lyrics go: "swim for the music that saves you when you're not so sure you'll survive." Couldn't be more true. They also go like this:


When you're on edge, try to remember this: you're not the only one who has ever felt this way. If they can do it, so can you. I'm reminding myself of that today.

I also have a great reason not to stress today. This day marks 2 years to the day that I met brandon and 1 year to the day that we got engaged. We both have the day off of work, so I think we'll go find something fun to do together. :)

1 comments:

  1. Aw, yay! enjoy the day together!!!!

    Man, stress is the worst isn't it?

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete