Monday, January 7, 2013

Top 20 of 2012

Every December I like to recap my favorite songs of the year. To see 2011's list, click here. I was a bit behind making my list for 2012, so forgive me. It will be easy to forgive me once you hear these great songs!

The songs are in order as the year progressed and the ones marked with a * are my top 5 favorites.

1. HEY MAMA Mat Kearney
2. ALL I NEED Mat Kearney
3. US AGAINST THE WORLD Coldplay
4. WE ARE YOUNG Fun.
5. A THOUSAND YEARS Christina Perri
*6. WHERE THE WEST WIND BLOWS Green River Ordinance
7. HALF MOON Blind Pilot
8. COUGH SYRUP Glee Cast
9. NOW THAT I'VE FOUND YOU Paul McDonald & Nikki Reed
*10. HAND GRENADE The Almost
11. SHAKE IT OUT Glee Cast
*12. SOME NIGHTS Fun.
13. DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN Bruce Springsteen
14. LITTLE TALKS Of Monsters and Men
*15. THE RECKONING NEEDTOBREATHE
16. LIFE The Avett Brothers
*17. BELOW MY FEET Mumford & Sons
18. GHOSTS THAT WE KNEW Mumford & Sons
19. LIVE FOREVER Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors
20. IT'S TIME Imagine Dragons

Mat Kearney started off the year because we saw him in concert in January. What a great show! I also saw Coldplay in concert this year... one of the best live performances I've seen in my entire life!

My two favorite albums of the year were Fun.'s Some Nights and Mumford & Sons' Babel, the latter of which is still playing in my car about 80% of the time. Some nights is incredibly up beat and, for lack of a better word, fun! Babel is simply the most amazing album I've ever heard. Can you tell I'm a pretty big fan?

What were your favorite songs of the year? I'm sure I'm missing a few good ones! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love that you have two fun songs on there and a glee song! :-)

    ReplyDelete