Wednesday, January 9, 2013

RECIPE: Turtle Cheesecake

After all the cookies I made at the end of 2012, I can't believe that I'm starting 2013 with sweet recipes! Aaah! This one is simple and definitely a crowd-pleaser. I got the recipe from a college friend of mine, Julia, and have made it time and time again. Once you make it you''ll start doing the same!

Don't be fooled by the pic, there's a hidden layer of all the "good stuff" on the bottom. You may also be wondering about the pie crust... not typical for cheesecake, but it's GOOD. Promise!


TURTLE CHEESECAKE (serves 8)
1 frozen pie crust
1/3 c caramel ice cream topping
1/4 c pecan pieces
1/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/4 c sugar

Preheat baking sheet in oven at 400 degrees. Mix caramel, pecans, and chocolate chips in bottom of the pie crust. Beat cream cheese, egg, and sugar until smooth and carefully spread over caramel mix in crust. Bake for 25-30 minutes until it begins to brown. Cool completely in the fridge.

12 comments:

  1. Okay this sounds delicious! Will definitely need to try this recipe. Just found your cute blog through the blog hop. I'm a new follower. Hope you'll stop by sometime!

    RebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey rebecca. you definitely should try it out- it's so easy! thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I LOVEEEE me some Turtles! This looks delish.

    I found you through Yours Truly blog and I'm following along now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm a new follower and Yours Truly sent me. :) Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. {visiting from yours truly!}

    this looks wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks absolutely delicious! Stopping by from yours Truly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fell in love with your blog's name as soon as I saw it on Yours Truly. Then I clicked on the ad and saw a turtle cheesecake recipe...you are my new best friend lol!! Happy to be a new follower!

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seriously the easiest cheesecake you will ever make! ;)

      Delete
  7. sent here from Yours Truly blog.. this looks soo yummy! love that plate too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was at my mom & dad's house when i took this pic, so the plate is from her fine china collection. i love it! :)

      Delete
  8. mmmmm nom nom
    First I would like to say that I came from Olivia & Ivy blog

    second I love to say that this looks delicious. There are so many cheesecakes out their now..i love them all. I think my favorite was a sweet potato cheesecake

    ReplyDelete