Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Ninety


Last week, my dad turned 60 and I was very excited! Today, my granddaddy turned 90 and I'm excited all over again! Granddaddy is another one of my favorite people in the world.

On Sunday night, we threw him a birthday party. Mom was in charge of food (along with my aunts), and I was in charge of decorations.


The location was the Alpha Chapel- a little venue in Bethania, NC where Granddaddy lives and where my parents lived when I was born. It was the perfect location!


This birthday banner was the last thing I made and I love it! I'm going to have to recycle it for future parties. I hope my friends like black and mint green!


These decorations for the tables were simple... something else I'll recycle for the future with different banners!


We bought a miniature helium tank and did all of the balloons ourselves. Let me tell you- it was worth it to avoid the hassle of getting them blown up elsewhere and having to transport them!


I've decided that no party is complete without paper straws. I fell in love with them when I was planning our wedding reception and intend to use them for all of our parties in the future.

The party was a big success and Granddaddy can't stop talking about it. I'm so happy that at age 90, after all the things he's done and all the things he's seen, a birthday party still impresses him. Happy birthday Granddaddy!

1 comments:

  1. This was so sweet :) And your decorations looked great!

    ReplyDelete