Monday, December 24, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Sprinkle Compost


Well friends, we've come to the end. I'm here to share cookie recipe #12. A compost cookie was a natural pick for my last recipe- I needed something that would use up a lot of the ingredients I had left over from all the other batches! Even after making these cookies, I still have no shortage of eggs, butter, chocolate chips, nuts, and coconut. It's been a fun project but I'll be honest- no more cookies will be made in this house for a long time. I'm all cookied out! ;) Stay tuned for a recap of my project the day after tomorrow featuring lessons I've learned and the tools that got me through 12 batches of cookies. Merry Christmas Eve to ya!


SPRINKLE COMPOST COOKIES (3.5 dozen)
1.5 stick butter, melted and cooled
1 c loosely packed brown sugar
1/2 c sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 t vanilla extract
2 c all purpose flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
3/4 c chocolate chips
1/2 c crushed potato chips
1/2 c butterscotch chips
1/2 c crushed pretzels
1/2 c crushed graham crackers
1/2 c rainbow sprinkles
1/4 c chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt and set aside. In a large bowl, blend sugars and butter until combined. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix until combined, again. Gradually add flour mixture and continue to mix until just blended. With a spoon, fold in all remaining ingredients.

Roll dough into 1-1.5 inch balls and place on cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-15 minutes until they begin to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.

Hannah's cookie note: The purpose of compost cookies is to throw in some random ingredients! Feel free to add anything! I've looked at lots of compost cookie recipes and some of them include flavored potato chips, coffee grinds, cereal, raisins, oats, and candy bars!

1 comments:

  1. YUM! I love that you did this, so many great recipes!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete