Thursday, December 27, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Cookies: A Recap


As promised, I'm here to recap my experience baking 12 days of Christmas cookies. If you missed one of the posts, here they are in order:



By the end of this project, I had used over 17 sticks of butter, 11 cups of sugar, 16 eggs, and 17 cups of flour... not to mention lots of chocolate chips, coconut flakes, sprinkles, and caramels. I learned a few things along the way, too:

#1- Parchment paper is the best kitchen invention ever. EVER!
#2- Cookie dough scoops are a close second
#3- You will get burned by your oven someday
#4- Owning pretty aprons is pretty pointless if you never wear them
#5- Making 12 batches of cookies in a row is expensive

My very favorite batch of cookies was #4- the Jam Thumbprint. they were perfect and buttery, but not too sweet. I want to make them again with assorted flavors of jam... maybe blackberry and raspberry in addition to strawberry.

My least favorite batch had to be the Caramel Apple Cider. I'm just really not a fan of getting caramel stuck in my teeth! The Girl Scout Samoas were the most difficult to make and the Blueberry Cheesecake were probably the easiest. The biggest crowd pleasers were the Oreo Snowballs.

I joked about making 12 days of Christmas rice next year and maybe I will! Any suggestions for my next "12 days?" I certainly have plenty of time to plan! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment