Thursday, December 13, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Blueberry Cheesecake


I've been looking forward to this for weeks and weeks! Today, I begin my collection of 12 Days of Christmas Cookies. It's been a challenge to find time to bake, but I'm so glad that I did. I discovered lots of great new recipes that I hope you'll try out this holiday season.

I'm going to share recipes in the order in which I made them. Without further ado...


BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE COOKIES (2 dozen)
2 boxes jiffy blueberry muffin mix
4 oz cream cheese @ room temperature
1 stick margarine @ room temperature
1/2 c light brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs
1.5 c white chocolate chips

Cream together margarine, sugar, and cream cheese. Add eggs one at a time until blended. Add muffin mix and mix well. Fold in white chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Drop by tablespoonfulls on a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart (they will spread out!). Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cookies begin to brown around the edges. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.

Hannah's cookie note: Brandon said we should call these blueberry muffin cookies because you can't really taste any of the "cheesecake" part. They will come out very, very flat. That's ok, it's supposed to happen!

1 comments: