Thursday, November 29, 2012

RECIPE: Easy Spaghetti Sauce

When my grandmother passed away in 2007 she left me all of her cookbooks. You're probably thinking I inherited 5, maybe 6 good old southern cookbooks...

No. I inherited 5 times 6 cookbooks, maybe more. Many of them are still in dusty stacks in my grandfather's dining room floor. Very few of them are actually with me now, in our tiny apartment. It's funny because Grandmere died before I really became interested in cooking. I guess she knew what was to come!

Her main cookbook was filled to the brim with pages ripped out of magazines for recipes she either loved or never tried- I'm not sure which! I found an old recipe for spaghetti sauce tucked away in the back and made it for my family. They loved it and now we have it every year at Christmas.


EASY SPAGHETTI SAUCE (serves 4)
1 lb ground beef
8 oz can tomato sauce
1 c water
2 T onion flakes
2 t worcestershire sauce
2 t sugar
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t pepper
14 oz jar plain spaghetti sauce

Brown beef & drain. Mix in all ingredients except jar of spaghetti sauce and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Uncover, add spaghetti sauce, and simmer another 20. Serve with your favorite pasta!

Wanna see the original?

2 comments: