Friday, November 2, 2012

RECIPE: Chicken Apple Meatballs

I have professed my love for Pinterest many times on this blog. Here's a recipe that I've had pinned for over 6 months and I finally got around to making recently. I think they'd be great as an appetizer at a holiday party.


CHICKEN APPLE MEATBALLS
olive oil
1 lb ground chicken
1 large granny smith apple, peeled & diced
1/4 medium sweet onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 c breadcrumbs
1 T honey
6 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
3/4 t salt
3/4 t pepper + more to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly oil a large baking sheet. Combine all of the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together until well combined. Using your hands, form the mixture into meatballs - about tablespoon sized. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until meatballs are lightly browned on the outside and cooked through on the inside. Crack additional pepper on top before serving.

These had a good flavor, but I think they'd pair really well with some sort of dipping sauce. Maybe that's just because I'm a big fan of sauces. If you make them, tell me what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment