Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Me Myself & I (September Edition)

This is my first time linking up to anything besides a GFC hop... exciting stuff! I came across Me Myself & I and thought it seemed like something fun to write about. I realize that many of you don't know a whole lot about me! Well, that's about to change. I hope I'm interesting! :)


1. WHEN YOU'RE FEELING DOWN, WHAT DO YOU DO TO PICK YOURSELF UP?
I probably have really stereotypical girl answers here. If I'm feeling down, my immediate impulse is to go shopping. My wallet gets mad at me every time, but my mood drastically improves. Lately I've taken to visiting Michaels where I always have discounts via their smartphone app. What's in the same shopping center as Michaels? TARGET! Target is really the best shopping site to cheer me up. And you don't even have to spend a lot of money! Oh man, I'm not feeling down right now but I really want to go to Target!

If I'm really, really down my answer is ice cream and tv on dvd: probably Friends or The Big Bang Theory. And if I'm upset, I want to be alone. My husband would tell you that he's totally down with me being alone. I'm not very nice to him when I'm having a bad day. oops.

2. IF YOU HAD TO LIVE IN A DIFFERENT TIME PERIOD, WHICH WOULD YOU PREFER?
Ooh, this is a great question! Honestly, the first thing that comes to mind is the 1950's... the decade during which both my parents were born. Why? I would make the best housewife ever. June Cleaver has nothing on me. Seriously.


On a side note, remember the American Girl Dolls you used to play with when you were a kid? I had 6 of them. Each time I got a new one, that doll's time period was the time period I wanted to live in.

3. WHAT IS THE MOST CREATIVE HALLOWEEN COSTUME YOU'VE EVER WORN?
I could go with so many different answers to this one! One year I found a blue dress, wore my pearls, and was Allie from The Notebook. I thought it was a pretty cool idea but nobody knew who I was.

 

4. FIVE WEIRD THINGS WE WOULDN'T KNOW ABOUT YOU WITHOUT BEING TOLD?
  • I once broke my mom's windshield with my big toe!
  • My biggest pet peeve is when people confuse your and you're.
  • My second biggest pet peeve is people who talk on their cell phones in inappropriate places.
  • I'm a creature of habit. I'll often pick one menu item at a restaurant that I like and never try anything else. Case in point: I've been eating at Moe's since 2004 and have ONLY ever ordered the Ruprict nachos.
  • I'm a terrible swimmer and hate being under water.

5. WHAT WOULD YOU TELL YOUR 16-YEAR-OLD SELF?
"Listen here, Hannah. Your LiveJournal is silly but it'll give you a good laugh when you're older. Listen to your dad when he tells you to be wise with money. Try not to stress out about everything under the sun. Oh, and when you get married your husband is never ever ever going to want to put his dishes in the dishwasher or his clothes in the hamper. So start dealing with it now. Lastly, order something besides the Ruprict. It's probably delicious."

7 comments:

  1. Going as Allie was such a good idea, even if no-one knew who you were, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, olga! i thought it was pretty creative! i've heard that the company i just started working for gets REALLY excited about halloween so i'm trying to come up with something very clever for this year. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi there! Found your blog through Lipgloss and Crayons.

    Another Hannah here!

    Target and Michael's are my vices. Target sucks me in everytime! I'm also a horrible swimmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey hannah! nice to meet you! i love that we have the same vices, haha. do you have the michael's mobile app? it always had good coupons on it and they can scan your phone at the register!

      Delete
  3. I totally emotion shop too ;) I CANNOT stand when people don't know the difference between your and you're. It makes me feel a little pretentious sometimes but I mean it's NOT hard! And I'm the same way about finding something I like at a restaurant. I think the problem is that everytime I DO branch out, I always end up wishing I had got the thing I already knew I liked. Lol Found you via the MMI link up!

    xo,
    Evani
    http://www.simplyevani.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love your blog, evani! i left you a little comment about business cards, too!

      Delete
  4. Ahh I LOVE Target!!! I would go broke in there if I actually had money to spend! And I'm a crappy swimmer too, I can't hold my breath to save my life, and everytime I try to swim underwater I come back up instantly. Jamie says its because of my "floatation devices" lol.

    ReplyDelete