Friday, September 21, 2012

Introducing...


That's right, guys! I NOW HAVE A .COM! CAN YOU TELL I'M EXCITED? I BROKE OUT THE CAP LOCK FOR THIS!

Okay, seriously... I'm happy to share that this is now a .com blog. It doesn't really mean anything other than I feel like a legitimate, savvy blogger. All that's different now is that typing in flamingosinraincoats.com will automatically redirect you to blogger. Still, it's a big step for the girl who maintained a little 'ol LiveJournal for 6 years.

So, feel free to change absolutely nothing (ha!) about the way you access my blog. Most of you are here from GFC, other blogs, or Facebook. But in the case that you do ever want to type "flamingosinraincoats.com" into your search bar I promise you it will work. ;)

Yay! Time for me to celebrate my .com by working hard on some aesthetic changes to the blog... nothing major, but I'm constantly changing my mind and trying to improve things around here.

Do you have a .com? What convinced you to buy the domain?

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks mer! i expect to see one for paint & paper films next! ;)

      Delete
  2. I recently bought a .com for my blog as well. I love having my own url and email address. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i kept my email address through gmail just because it's already synced with my other gmail accounts... but it might come in handy to have another one one of these days! i like your blog. "life unpublished" is so clever. nice to meet you! :)

      Delete
  3. Love my domain name and obvi, I'm obsessed with flamingos too! :) Your blog is precious!

    April
    www.thestripedflamingoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh!! i love your blog! i'm obsessed with every tv show you wrote about in your last post... every single one! :) and your about me section is too cute! following you now!

      Delete
  4. Hi from the blog hop(:

    I love your domain! I have yet to get one. I think maybe I will give myself a present on new years by doing so.. How exciting! Yours couldn't be more perfect though!

    Happy Tuesday!!

    xoxo Heather

    http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, heather! i bought mine through go daddy. it seemed to be the cheapest place!

      Delete
  5. I think I got my .com on the exact same day you did! Isn't it an exciting change? Now I suddenly feel like I want to tell everyone I meet about my blog. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. i need to get mine!

    Stopping by from the hop-making new friends!

    Have a wonderful day! Stop by and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey girl! i LOVE your blog... i've read it before and i thought i was already following it! i am now. :)

      Delete