Wednesday, September 26, 2012

RECIPE: Balsamic Marinated Steak

When I first published this recipe I said to purchase flank steak and then shared a story about buying hanger steak instead because my grocery store didn't have flank steak. I've finally solved the problem! I'm going to let you pick whatever kind of steak you'd like. The marinade is the real star of this show!


BALSAMIC MARINATED STEAK (serves 3)
1.5 lb steak (I purchased top sirloin and cubed it for kebabs)
salt & pepper to taste

1/4 c balsamic vinegar
2 T olive oil
1 T chopped fresh basil
1.5 t dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 t sugar

Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place steak and marinade in a large plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 6 hours (I did mine overnight), turning occasionally. Remove steak from marinade and place on a grill until your desired tenderness.

2 comments: