Wednesday, September 12, 2012

RECIPE: Ravioli with Spinach + Squash

For some reason whenever I type "ravioli" lately I type "raviolo" first. What's that all about? Anyway... I've decided that Pinterest has negated the need to ever subscribe to magazines anymore. Seriously, have you thought of that? I subscribe to Family Circle and Cooking Light and guess what: I haven't read either one in over a year. All of the issues are taking up precious space in our tiny apartment in case I ever get around to thumbing through them.

You can find recipes for anything on Pinterest! You can find decorating ideas, travel ideas, party ideas, workout ideas, etc. Why do you need a magazine subscription? I'm curious to hear what other people think of this subject.

At any rate, all of that is to say that this recipe came from a magazine. I clipped it probably 2 years ago and decided it was time to use some of my stored paper recipes before going back to good 'ol Pinterest.


RAVIOLI WITH SPINACH + SQUASH (serves 4)
1 bag frozen cheese ravioli (somewhere around 1-1.5 lb)
6 oz fresh baby spinach
2 medium yellow squash
1 medium zucchini
1 package (5ish oz) light spreadable herb cheese (i used alouette)
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper

Cut squash and zucchini into 1/4 inch thick half-moons. Cook ravioli according to package directions, about 9 minutes. Add spinach during the final minute.

Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with nonstick cooking spray and add squash and zucchini to the pan. Lightly coat squash mixture with the nonstick spray. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 7 minutes or until tender.

Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 c pasta water. Return pasta mixture to the pot and stir in herb cheese until well blended. Gently stir in squash, zucchini, salt, and pepper. Stir in pasta water by the tablespoonful if mixture becomes too dry.

This meal is EASY, LIGHT, and FAST. Mine looked nothing like the photo in the magazine, but that's okay. It still tasted delicious. :)

4 comments:

  1. Ok, this is right up my alley.
    Looks soooo good! I'll be giving this recipe to Dan for sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) it's gooood. i also forgot to mention that it's cheap, too... probably $8-$9 for the whole dish.

      Delete
  2. Oh my nom! Looks deliciously great!

    ReplyDelete