Wednesday, September 5, 2012

RECIPE: Squash Casserole

I was born and raised in the south, yet I didn't taste squash casserole until I was 23 years old. WHAT? This is true, I promise. I decided to attempt it on my own a couple of weeks ago and who did I turn to? Paula Deen, of course. It was easy and delicious!


SQUASH CASSEROLE (serves 6)
6 c raw squash
1 c water
4 T butter
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 c sour cream
1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1 t house seasoning
1 c crushed Ritz crackers

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add squash and water to a large pot and allow to stew for around 10 minutes. Drain squash in a colander. In a medium skillet, saute the onions in butter for 5 minutes. Remove onions from skillet and, in a large bowl, combine squash, onions, sour cream, salt, pepper, seasoning and cheese.

Pour mixture into a greased dish and top with Ritz crackers. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome! I love casseroles and usually make at least one a week--think I'll give this a try!! Newest follower from the GFC blog hop. Would love it if you could visit my humorous blog site and follow back! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoaaaaaa yum!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks REALLY yummy. :D

    http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete