Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ten Days

Hey, remember that time Hannah didn't blog for TEN WHOLE DAYS? What is wrong with her? Is she ok? Is she on vacation? Did she join the witness protection program? Did she get kidnapped? Did she die?


SHE WAS TIRED.

I apologize for my hiatus over the last week and a half. What has been going on to keep me away from my blog, you ask? The first thing was International Convention. Market America hosts a big (20,000+ attendees) annual international convention in Greensboro. This was my first experience with convention and it was completely fascinating and completely exhausting to work at many of the events with our distributors. When I wasn't working late or getting up early, I was simply too tired to move my fingers along this keyboard to type a blog entry. Is that lazy or what?

After convention came recovering from convention. You may be laughing, but I am serious! I can't even remember what I've been doing with my free time this week because I've been in serious recovery mode. I think I've just slept. A lot. And watched movies. And stared at the wall. Take this as an example of how out of it I've been:

On Sunday, I realized I was out of shampoo and conditioner. I had to use my husband's, yuck. On Monday, I went to Wal-Mart and bought Suave rosemary + mint shampoo and conditioner (which smells amazing, by the way). On Thursday, I noticed that both of my bottles were conditioner. That's right, folks. I had been thoroughly conditioning, but not cleaning, my hair for three whole days.

Now, I'm past recovery mode and into panic/excited/busy/anxious mode. My new job and my last year of grad school both start on Monday. Also, my husband makes his return to the higher education system on Monday as well. Things are about to get busy for us! I promise that I will make every effort to return to normal blogging as of this very moment. For those of you who are new to my blog... thank you so much for stopping by, whether from another blog I'm sponsoring or just because you happened to Google "flamingos in raincoats" for some silly reason. I am now halfway to 100 GFC followers, at which point my husband is going to take me to Build-a-Bear to make my own flamingo in a raincoat.

Thanks for putting up with me, readers. And, to leave you with something random, look at what I bought myself as a "congrats you landed your first full-time job" present:


J.Crew, I love you. That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say first of all that I love the name of your blog? But also congrats on your job, that's awesome and I can't wait to see your build-a-bear creation when you hit 100. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, mia! the name came to me in a dream... haha! i am REALLY excited for our build-a-bear date... hopefully it will happen soon! :)

      Delete