Sunday, August 26, 2012

Honeymoon (Part Four)

Did you read part one, part two, and part three already?

DAY 5 | A DAY OFF

On Monday, we decided to take a "day off" from the hustle & bustle of the parks. After sleeping in a bit, we drove to Downtown Disney to do some shopping and grab some lunch. We needed to use quick service credits from our dining plan, so I had read some message boards about quick service dining at Downtown Disney. After reading rave reviews, I chose Wolfgang Puck Express for our lunch. They give you table service dining portions for a quick service credit. :)


Brandon was obsessed with his meatloaf. It's one of the things he has continually mentioned about our honeymoon since we returned: "that delicious Wolfgang Puck meatloaf."


Before we went inside the World of Disney, I made Brandon pose with a skeleton friend. The World of Disney is the largest Disney store on earth and we spent a good hour or more exploring the different rooms within the store.

Next up was mini golf. Let me tell you, I was so excited about mini golf! Our Magic Your Way package included a free game for one person, which was a great incentive to hit the course. Disney World offers two mini golf courses: Winter Summerland and Fantasia Gardens.


If the photo is any indicator, I was chomping at the bit to go to the Winter Summerland course. In fact, I posted a picture of this same hole in my pre-honeymoon post! This course was so much fun and showed so much creativity!


Disney offers a special at their miniature golf courses: bring a same day receipt from one course to the other course and golf for 1/2 price! So naturally...


...we went straight over to Fantasia Gardens! I didn't like this course as much as the other one. I've never been a big fan of Fantasia and I felt that this course needed a bit of sprucing.


It was super hot outside during our miniature golf excursion, so a return trip to the resort was necessary to take showers and change clothes before our dinner at Boma.

Brandon and I were both really excited to dine at Boma. It's an all-you-can-eat african buffet housed inside the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We arrived a little early so that we had time to explore the resort before our dinner reservation.


It's a truly magnificent place with an impressive amount of detail. We walked outside to take a look at the giraffes and other animals that roam around in the courtyard, but it had started raining so I wasn't able to get any good shots.


Our experience at Boma was really cool. I'm not sure how big of a fan I am of african cuisine, but I thoroughly enjoyed being able to visit the buffet as many times as I wanted in order to taste all of the different kinds of food. The soups were my favorite, along with the assorted mini desserts:


After stuffing ourselves at dinner we decided to walk it off at Disney's Boardwalk. Brandon was so surprised to learn that Disney World has a boardwalk. I reminded him again: Disney World has everything!


I think if we make a return trip to Disney World with a budget that includes deluxe resorts we'll stay at the Boardwalk Inn. It was beautiful.


TO BE CONTINUED...

6 comments:

  1. Wolfgang's meatloaf is soooo good! When Jamie and I wnet he got it and I think I ate half of it! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was pretty incredible. i had the chicken alfredo-type dish and i liked b's meatloaf better. next time we visit i think i'll get a flatbread. they looked so good!

      Delete
  2. That looks like such a wonderful trip! I so wanted to go to Disney for my honeymoon...in the end we chose something that was cheaper for us but I still hope that someday we will get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. where did you end up going on your honeymoon? i hope that you get to visit disney world someday! there are several ways to make it much more affordable than our trip. look up off-property hotels and try to find some ticket deals in orlando! :)

      Delete
  3. My mom and I stay at the Boardwalk every year. And it's amazing. It's a great resort and offers a lot if you don't want to go into a park at all times. Great pools, a fabulous pizza window and loads to do on the Boardwalk! Plus you can walk to Epcot and MGM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. brandon and i REALLY want to stay at the boardwalk on our next visit. i wish there wasn't such a HUGE price increase between moderate resorts and deluxe resorts! even if we don't get a room there i'm sure we'll be visiting it a lot. :)

      Delete