Wednesday, August 29, 2012

RECIPE: Lemony Pan Roasted Chicken with Red Potatoes + Green Beans

Oh Martha Stewart, how I love you so. This recipe came from realsimple.com and was a breeze to make. I don't have a lot of experience with one dish meals, but it was so easy that I really want to find more recipes like this!


LEMONY PAN ROASTED CHICKEN WITH RED POTATOES + GREEN BEANS (serves 3-4)
6 T olive oil
2 lemons
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 t salt
1/2 pepper
3/4 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
8 small red potatoes, quartered
3-4 chicken breasts, bone in, with skin

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Drizzle 1 T olive oil in the bottom of a large baking dish. Thinly slice 1 lemon and lay slices over the bottom of the dish. In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, juice of the other lemon, garlic, salt, and pepper. add the green beans and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove green beans from mixture and spread in baking dish. Add potatoes to the same mixture and toss to coat. Remove the potatoes and place them in the baking dish.

Add chicken to the mixture and toss to coat. Lay chicken pieces evenly in the baking dish and pour any remaining mixture on top of them. I found that I only had room for 3 of my chicken breasts in the baking dish. (Depending on what size you buy you may be able to fit 3 or 4.) 

Roast for 50 minutes. Remove the chicken from the dish and set aside. Place the baking dish back in the oven for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Serve while warm and make sure to toss out the lemon slices instead of serving them. (Poor Brandon thought it was squash and ate one.)

7 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! Might need to make it this weekend!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is good... and so easy! i'll definitely be making it again.

      Delete
  2. This looks really good...and easy! I love one dish meals and I've been obsessed with my crock pot recently. I wonder if this would work in the crock pot...
    ~Jessica
    www.jeansandateacup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i definitely think it would work in a crock pot! let me know if you try it out! :)

      Delete
  3. So, I made this tonight and it made my house smell amazing. But I was somewhat disappointed. It was way too lemony for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry to hear it was too lemony! when i found the original recipe, several of the comments said the same thing. you could always cut the lemon down to 1 or use some type of balsamic dressing instead of lemon. :)

      Delete