Wednesday, August 22, 2012

RECIPE: Barb's Breakfast Casserole

Have you ever had a job that you loved solely because of your co-workers? I worked in the leasing office of an apartment complex in Boone, NC for nearly four years and my co-workers became like a second family to me. I miss them so terribly!

One of my co-workers, Barb, would often bring in breakfast or other food for the team on really important/stressful days (ie: annual leasing days, move-in day). Her breakfast casserole is one of my favorites and she was kind enough to share the recipe with me. I think of her (and the rest of the staff!) every time I make it.


BARB'S BREAKFAST CASSEROLE (serves 8)
1 pkg (30ish oz) shredded hash browns (if you buy frozen, make sure to thaw them)
1 pkg (16 oz) Neese's sausage OR deli ham
16 oz sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2.5 c shredded cheddar cheese, divided
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 c milk
1/2 c melted butter
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook sausage and crumble. Or, if you're using ham, slice it into small cubes. Saute pepper in a little bit of oil. In a large bowl, mix hash browns with butter. Add soup, salt, pepper, sour cream, and 2 c cheese. Mix well. Press against bottom and sides of a large baking dish. Mix eggs, milk, sausage/ham, and green peppers and pour mixture over the hash browns. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes, until golden brown.

Are you hungry for breakfast yet? :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah,

    I've tried emailing you, but haven't got a response back! I'm not sure if I have the right email for you, but this is the last couple days to get your guest post for me for your sponsorship. I'd love to put up a post for you on my blog but I leave next weds for vacation. I only have one day left next week to put it on so please let me know!

    Thank you:)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. And, I'm hungry. :)

    Happy to be your newest GFC follower. Love your header!

    If you have a moment and would like to, you can visit me here The Things We Find Inside
    Thanks,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi tami! i love your blog! i'd love to sponsor you for the month of september. i'm sending you an email right now! :)

      Delete