Wednesday, August 8, 2012

RECIPE: White Balsamic Vinaigrette

When Brandon and I were in Boone and dined at Char, we both had house salads with white balsamic vinaigrette. I had never heard of white balsamic and was pleasantly surprised. Naturally, I had to re-create it in my own kitchen. If you like regular balsamic, I think you'll really love this light dressing.

HANNAH'S WHITE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE (makes around 2 cups)
1/2 c white balsamic vinegar
1 c safflower oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1 t dijon mustard
1 t honey

Whisk all ingredients together (or do like me and shake them all in a tupperware container) and chill until serving. Mix again right before bringing to the table.

(Yes, I know this is a photo of a salad... but the vinaigrette is on the salad. Do you know how difficult it is to get a decent shot of a clear vinaigrette?)

7 comments:

  1. Mmm this looks delicious!! :) I'll have to make it while living in my dad's guest house (no stove!!) when I eat salads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely delicious. Let me know what you think!

      Delete
  2. This looks absolutely delicious! The picture turned out great!

    Nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award. Hope you can find 11 other worthy bloggers to pass it along to. :) http://www.lashesandbeard.com/2012/08/id-like-to-thank-academy.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, claudia. you should see all of the photos i took of just the vinaigrette... not pretty, haha! and thanks for the liebster award! i'll check it out on your blog asap! :)

      Delete
  3. Balsamic vinaigrette is my absolute fave and this salad looks so good. :) Thanks for sharing the recipe, I need to try this the next time I make my big batch of salad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yum!!! looks so good! hey girl did you get my email about the guest post? Can you send it to me asap so I can get it scheduled? thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds perfect. I've been craving salads all Summer. I'm going to have to try this.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete