Monday, July 23, 2012

Honeymoon (Part Three)

Did you read part one and part two already?

DAY 4 | THREE PARKS IN ONE DAY
Day #4 of our honeymoon was Mother's Day. I made sure to mail some cards to my our moms before we left! Disney gave every mother entering the parks on Mother's Day a single carnation. I thought it was a really sweet gesture and wondered if other theme parks in the world thought to do the same.

The only thing we weren't able to do at Animal Kingdom the day before was ride Kilimanjaro Safaris. It's quite a popular attraction so the line gets pretty long later in the day. Plus, I had heard that the animals are out and visible more in the morning before it gets so hot outside. We woke up and went straight to Animal Kingdom for our safari.


It was a great success! I'm so glad we went back just for this one attraction. We had great views of the animals and even had to stop once so that giraffes could get out of the road in front of us!


During our lunch at Yak & Yeti Local Foods Cafe, ducks waddled around the tables begging for food. Guess whose brilliant husband decided to feed one? Brandon quickly made a friend... or enemy? When he stopped feeding the duck, it bit him in the butt.

After lunch we took a bus over to Disney Studios to take the Studio Backlot Tour, which we missed on our first visit. We also explored the rest of the backlot area of the park. Brandon was bummed that we missed the stunt show, but we'll just have to catch it on our next trip!


After a quick break and a change of clothes at the resort, we were off to the Magic Kingdom! When someone says "Disney World," most people think of the Magic Kingdom first. I was really, really excited for Brandon to visit the Magic Kingdom for the first time! And let's be honest... I was really excited myself. Mostly because I wanted a Dole whip... more on that later.


After a delicious dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern, we rode all of the best rides: the Haunted Mansion! Splash Mountain! Space Mountain! We even took a turn in the Carousel of Progress.


The only thing I did not enjoy? Teacups. Brandon thought it would be fun to spin us around and around until I nearly lost my dinner. No more teacups for me!


We really enjoyed the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor show. Brandon was randomly selected (we still don't know what made him stand out!) to be the butt of several jokes during the show. It was hilarious. They even gave him this sticker after the show!


To end the evening, we picked up some Dole pineapple whip. I got a pineapple/vanilla float and brandon got pineapple/orange mix. Yum! On that delicious note, this post is a wrap!

TO BE CONTINUED...

6 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! It's so cute!:) I'd love it if we followed each other!

    Shelby xoxo
    shelbychasingbirdies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey there! i'm following your blog now... love your social media icons! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the last picture of the castle! :-) Oh how I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss it so much! we're thinking of making a quick trip to mickey's very merry christmas party this november!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am leaving for Disney World on Friday! I hope to go there with my boyfriend sometime soon :)

    kelsiesbeautifullife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am sooo jealous, kelsie! i hope you have so much fun! are you staying on property?

      Delete