Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Few Random Things

Hello everyone! Life is busy these days. This week, in particular, has been wild. I want to catch you up on a few things!

1. SPONSORING
I am currently sponsoring the following blogs. check 'em out!


2. A "REAL" FLAMINGO IN A RAINCOAT
My sweet husband has told me that once I reach 100 followers on GFC he will take me to Build-A-Bear to make my very own flamingo in a raincoat! My little flamingo will follow me around for some fun pictures on our future travels. I'm a whopping 70 followers away from my goal, so if you regularly read my blog but haven't clicked "join this site with google friend connect" over on the right... get to it! :)

3. FLAMINGOS ON FACEBOOK
Speaking of Flamingos in Raincoats followers... many of my readers right now are my personal friends or family members. A large amount of traffic arrives at this blog directly from my Facebook because I post a link to every new blog entry. I am thinking that it might be nice to make a separate Facebook page just for Flamingos in Raincoats. That way, I'm not clogging my friends' news feeds and those who are interested in my blog can just "like" the page.

So, I need your input... what do you think? A Flamingos in Raincoats Facebook page... yes or no? Please leave a comment with your thoughts!

4. COLDPLAY
Coldplay was amazing. I'll write a post about my trip to Atlanta soon! :)

5. PINTEREST
My friend Kerri and I have created a Pinterest account for one of our brands at work and it has been very exciting. I've literally been paid to sit and pin makeup photos for hours at a time. It officially goes live at 10:30 am (EST) on 7/6. Wanna know a secret? It's technically live now... check it out if you're interested. Have I mentioned lately that I love my job?

6. A PHOTO
I feel weird with a photo-less post. Here's what I found when I Googled "random photo"


Enjoy your weekends!

6 comments:

  1. i would say no to the facebook page. one of the things i love so much about your blog is that it's all you - all the time! Other blogs with a fb page, a twitter, a pintrest, a tumbler, etc. etc. are getting burnt out. Keep the great posts coming!! and text me sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, grace. i miss your blog! when will you write again? i hope new york is fabulous. when your internship is over what are you planning to do?

      Delete
    2. haha that's actually a really great question. i don't want to write, just to write. There are plenty of things that inspire me everyday, but there just seem to be so many blogs saying the same things, I don't want to be white noise. Plus, work takes a lot of time and energy! (welcome to the real world, right??)I'm always keeping eyes and ears out for jobs post-internship but just have to wait and see! I will definitely stay in the city though.

      Delete
  2. I for one do not mind seeing your posts in my News Feed; remember, if any one does have a problem with them, they can always change their preferences or choose not to worry about it. Don't spread yourself too thin by getting too many forms of media networking (I guess that's what they're called), because you may burn out. If you think you can do a facebook page for just your blog, then go for it, but do it because YOU WANT TO, not because we want you to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "random photo." I also love your blog! I'll be following to help get you one step closer to your flamingo in a raincoat! :)

    sissysclosetxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, kris! i'm going to check out your blog right now! :)

      Delete