Wednesday, July 25, 2012

RECIPE: Hannah's Bruschetta

When I went to Boone a couple of weekends ago I absolutely fell head over heels in love with the bruschetta appetizer we shared at dinner. I immediately proclaimed that I would be making it as soon as possible.

As soon as possible ended up being Sunday evening. I wanted to create my own recipe and I was really unsure about how it would turn out, but I'm here to say that I wouldn't change a thing! It is perfect! This is a bold statement coming from a girl who hated tomatoes for the first 22 years of her life. ;)


HANNAH'S BRUSCHETTA
1 small loaf of french bread
goat cheese log
4-5 roma tomatoes
1/4 red onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1/8 c olive oil
1 T balsamic vinegar
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/4 t sugar
1/4 c fresh basil, chopped
balsamic glaze (find this on the salad dressing aisle!)

Dice tomatoes and red onion and mix in a bowl with garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Allow to marinate for at least an hour. Remove from fridge and mix in remaining ingredients.

Slice french bread to about 1 inch in thickness. Brush with olive oil and place slices on a baking sheet in the oven until warm and crisp. Slice cheese and spread on each piece of bread. Top with a generous amount of bruschetta mixture. Before serving, drizzle with balsamic glaze.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...this looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am already craving it again and i made it just a few days ago! ;)

      Delete
  2. Yum! I've been wanting to make some of this at home, so I will try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Bruschetta is one of my favourite things to order out at dinner - I should really try this at home!

    BTW: I linked you up to win a Liebster Award! Check out my blog for all the details on how to pass it on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, amanda! :) what a cool set of questions!

      Delete
  4. This looks so good! I'll be trying it sometime this week for sure. Love your blog and can't wait to explore some more of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete