Wednesday, July 18, 2012

RECIPE: Rosemary Smash Potatoes

I've had the recipe for these delicious potatoes on reserver for months... for a time when I was so busy and overwhelmed that I didn't have the time for any new recipes. Well folks, that time has arrived.

I found the recipe for these potatoes on a blog that I adore. I made them once and Brandon was hooked. Since then, we've had them several more times! They are incredibly easy to make and are a perfect alternative to (dare I say) the less healthy option of mashed potatoes. The entire recipe can easily be adapted in order to make whatever quantity you want.


ROSEMARY SMASH POTATOES
whole red potatoes
olive oil
kosher or sea salt
black pepper
dried rosemary

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Boil your potatoes until they are fork tender. Drizzle a baking sheet with olive oil and place the potatoes on it. With a potato masher, gently press down on each potato until it smashes. Brush the tops of each potato with more olive oil. Sprinkle potatoes with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

I didn't offer specific measurements because you could prepare 2 or 20! Add as much olive oil and other seasonings as you like.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. shannon, they're so easy to make! and if you don't like rosemary you could easily substitute another spice!

      Delete