Monday, June 11, 2012

Week(end)

It was a long, wonderful week. I was very productive at work and I'm loving my summer internship. I'm already sad that I have to go back to school in August. boo. Guess what I get to do 9 times every week at work? Write a blog post!

Last Monday, I started my week by going to the DMV to get a license with my married name. I hate wasting lots of time sitting at the DMV waiting, so I decided to get up super early and arrive before they opened. Indeed, I got up at 7:15 am, threw on some clothes, stuck my dirty hair in a ponytail, and was out the door. I didn't realize how far away the DMV was in Greensboro, so I arrived a few minutes after they opened the doors. No big deal. I waited about half an hour. 

When it was my turn, I showed the nice man my marriage license, I signed all of the papers, and then he told me to go sit in the chair to have my picture taken. WHAT? No!!!! Here is the moral of the story: If you think you do not need a new photo on your license (in NC, not sure about other states) when you get married, you are wrong. If you do not adequately prepare, you will end up with a photo like this...


...then you'll be stuck with it for another 4 years. Brandon says it's not that bad, but I beg to differ. He doesn't realize how much girls care about their driver license photos.

Yesterday was my birthday and you read about my love of birthdays earlier this month. I made sure to celebrate all week long. :) My birthday gift from Brandon arrived early in the week and luckily he let me open it early.


I am now the happy owner of the complete series of Gilmore Girls! I really love my tv shows on dvd (maybe I'll do a post about that sometime?), so I'm very excited to add Gilmore Girls to my collection. I've almost finished watching the first season already.

I also decided to try my hand at being crafty this week. I made painted wooden bead necklaces, inspired by my friend Meghan's blog post.


I wanted to make my own birthday cake this year and when I opened my cookbook I found this little gem from December 2006: two best friends in matching reindeer pajamas. I have no idea why I have a 5x7 copy of this photo in my cookbook. Oh well. Brandon said I was crazy to make my own birthday cake, but he sweetly obliged when I asked him to take my picture:


I own three aprons and I selected this one to wear because it matched my outfit. Maybe I am crazy after all? 

On Saturday, we went to play mini golf and then to Mi Pueblo to celebrate. I love mini golf and I won the game out of our group of 9 people!


At dinner, someone in our group had the waiters come and sing to me. I even got to wear the birthday sombrero (something I've secretly always wanted to do). The free dessert wasn't bad, either!


Most of the day on my actual birthday was uneventful. I went shopping for khaki pants, made some chocolate chip banana bread, and gave myself a birthday mani/pedi.

We celebrated yesterday evening with my family at my very favorite restaurant, Village Tavern, and then Brandon and I went to see Prometheus.

Thus ends a very long week. Whew! Today starts a new week for me. Time is flying by! This was a very long post. Maybe I'll have less to say at the end of this week. :)

1 comments:

  1. What a great birthday present...I love Gilmore Girls!! :-)

    ReplyDelete