Monday, June 4, 2012

To See in All Directions at the Same Time

Eeek, I forgot to post about music last Monday! Perhaps you'll let me off the hook since I posted twice the Monday before...

Since we got back from the honeymoon, the majority of my cds have been sitting on the side table in our living room. I forget to take them out to my car every single day. This leaves me with only a few options for my daily drive to/from work. Lately, Death Cab for Cutie's Plans album has been on repeat in my car.

Plans is my absolute favorite Death Cab for Cutie album. Here's the track list with links to YouTube:

1. Marching Bands of Manhattan (most of the time if you ask me I'll say this is my favorite Death Cab song)
9. What Sarah Said (another favorite)
11. Stable Song

"Marching Bands of Manhattan" is my favorite Death Cab for Cutie song because of the lyrics. What an amazing concept that there is this incredible world around us if we just took the time to notice it all. Don't allow your view to become too narrow.


The whole song is actually full of great lyrics:

(via)

"What Sarah Said" has some pretty amazing lyrics, too:

(via)

I really love lyrics and I really love images with lyrics. I am very proud: I made the first one myself!

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes, I think if I could have ANY job in the world...I think I would like to be a lyricist. I'm with you- love lyrics; the stories they tell and the imagery they provide. And girlfriend you are definitely right- Death Cab knows how to write! My favorite album of their's is transatlantism...but I mean really, they are all pretty good:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you'll love my post for today if you love transatlanticism. :) ben gibbard writes such amazing lyrics and i think that andrew mcmahon does, too. maybe i'll talk about him next week!

      Delete
  2. transatlanticism* haha yeah sure it's my favorite I can't even spell it

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite D. Cab album was either the Forbidden Love EP or The Photobooth. I didn't get into them too much after Transatlantacism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. melissa, you should give 'plans' another try. :) i didn't listen to 'narrow stairs' very much and don't like 'codes and keys' at all... but it was nominated for a grammy so maybe i should give it another listen!

      Delete