Saturday, June 16, 2012

Things I Love: Going to the Movies


LOVE going to the movies. I love movies in general, but the experience of going to a theater is something that I never tire of. I am always freezing in a movie theater, so I always bring a jacket. I rarely buy concessions, preferring to "sneak in" a bottled Coke and some candy. If anything is going to tempt me, it's going to be the nachos. I show my student id to receive a discount on my ticket. I carefully watch every preview and I try to guess each of them before the title is revealed. Seriously, it's a game I play.

Yes, going to the movies is wonderful (albeit expensive nowadays). I would go every weekend if I could! Last weekend, Brandon and I went to see Prometheus in theaters for my birthday. It was awesome... it would not be as awesome had we been sitting in our living room watching it on a 40 inch screen.

The real point of this post is to share with you some movies that I absolutely cannot wait to see this year. there are so many good movies coming out! Let me know if I've missed any must-see flicks! I'll start with the two greatest:

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES | JULY 20 | I must see it. At midnight. Preferably in IMAX. With nachos. Is it just me or does the villain for this film look truly terrifying? The joker was creepy and weird, but this guy is going to give me nightmares!


SKYFALL | NOVEMBER 9 | It feels like I've been waiting forever for my favorite blonde bond to return and I am excited. This is another "I'm going to the midnight premiere even though I have to be at work at 8:30 the next morning" kind of movies.


<<<<>>>>

ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER | JUNE 22 | I'm really curious about this one... and it comes out next weekend! Honest Abe killing the Edward Cullens of the world? I'll pay $9 to see that!


THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN | JULY 6 | I'm a bit skeptical about this because I really loved the old Spider-Man movies (yes, even the third one that everyone hated). But I'll give it a try because Andrew Garfield is cute and so is Emma Stone. And they date in real life!


THE BOURNE LEGACY | AUGUST 3 | I will miss Matt Damon, but I still think this is going to be awesome. I think the tagline "there was never just one" is very clever.


TAKEN 2 | OCTOBER 5 | I must see this in theaters solely based on the fact that Liam Neeson was a serious badass in Taken and if this one is half as good as that one then I will be very happy.


THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY | DECEMBER 14 | Confession: I read The Hobbit in the fifth grade. I don't remember anything about it. I haven't read the Lord of the Rings trilogy and I've only seen the first two films. However, I can appreciate a truly epic cinema event and I feel that this is such a film.


THE GREAT GATSBY | DECEMBER 25 | Merry Christmas to me! Baz Luhrmann, Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, and Tobey Maguire... I knew I had to see this as soon as I saw the names associated with it.


There are others that I could name (like the Katy Perry movie and This Is 40), but I think I've gotten the point across that a) I like to go to the movies and b) there are lots of good ones to choose from this year. Which ones will you see?

2 comments:

  1. Jamie and I will be seeing Braking Dawn part 2 in November! Definitely the Dark Knight Rises when it comes out, and Les Miserables in December! :-)

    ReplyDelete