Monday, June 25, 2012

Honeymoon (Part One)

I wish I could go on our honeymoon again. Right now. And then I want to go on it again next month. And maybe again in the fall. And then in the winter. And and and you get the idea. It was glorious, absolutely glorious. We had the best time exploring Disney World together! Here's a recap of the first part of the week:

WEDDING NIGHT

We decided to spend our wedding night in Charlotte, NC before driving to Orlando the next day. I looked at tons (and I mean tons) of hotels for the big night and am so glad that I landed on the Hyatt House in downtown. It was very reasonably priced, the contemporary decor was gorgeous, and they upgraded us to a one bedroom suite! I present to you the first photo from the honeymoon:


After brandon got sick of me sitting on the luggage cart and snapping photos of the room we decided to head down to the hotel bar where we were promptly given free drinks because we were newlyweds. Awesome, huh? We left out after breakfast the next morning for our long drive to Florida. We arrived at our resort (Disney's Coronado Springs) in the evening.

DAY 1 | NC TO FL


I LOVED our resort. Coronado Springs has a spanish/colonial Mexico theme. Our room was in "Casitas" area. At check in, we received balloons, a signed photo of Mickey & Minnie (which I accidentally threw away), an invitation to a champagne toast, and "happily ever after" honeymoon buttons to wear around the parks. We went to the Laguna bar on our first night to receive our complimentary champagne.


Yes, I left my wedding hair intact for a full day after the wedding. It was just so pretty... and so full of hairspray! 


I'm pretty particular about vacation planning and our honeymoon was no exception. I knew Brandon would not enjoy having to stick to a set-in-stone plan, so I tried to go easy on him. My one rule was that we had dinner reservations for each night (reservations fill up quickly at Disney World... don't even bother trying most restaurants without one!). I thought that was a fair compromise and Brandon didn't complain. I made sure to add the park hopper option to our tickets, too, so that we could visit multiple parks per day. 

We also tested out the Disney Dining Plan, which essentially meant that our food was priced as part of our package and we had a certain number of credits to use during our stay. Though I think we could have been picky and eaten for cheaper without the plan, I am so glad we did the DDP for our honeymoon. It allowed us freedom to choose awesome restaurants that we never would have tried otherwise. Let me tell you, we ate some amazing things. It was a relief not to think about how much we were spending on food. 

DAY 2 | DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS & EPCOT

Disney's Hollywood Studios was our first stop on day two of our honeymoon. I was beyond excited for Brandon to enter a Disney park for the first time. I think he was a pretty big fan, except for when we rode Tower of Terror. After that, he looked like this for a little while:


In all fairness, I looked a bit unhappy after riding Star Tours. Simulator rides and I do not agree on any level. Yuck.

We saw Indiana Jones and the Muppets, sat in on the American Idol Experience, ate at Toy Story Pizza Planet, and rode Aerosmith's Rockin' Rollercoaster. For dinner, we switched gears and went to Epcot.


I wanted our first dinner at Disney to be special, so I made us reservations at Biergarten. I knew Brandon would love the all you can eat German fare. It was a really fun atmosphere. And if you don't believe me about restaurants booking up... when we arrived for our seating they were not accepting any walk ins for the rest of the night.


We planned on sticking around for the fireworks at 9, but we were both exhausted and went back to the resort to get some sleep before hitting Animal Kingdom the next morning.

TO BE CONTINUED...

1 comments:

  1. Lol I am feeling ya...I want to go back to Disney now!! It truly is the happiest place on Earth! :)

    ReplyDelete